13 Postdoctoral Researchers (m/f/d) in the Project „STAR: Sensing and Sensibility – Transcending Disciplines for a Responsible Future“
Call for Applications of Siegen University. Deadline: December 17, 2021
We are looking for:
13 research fellows at postdoc level on MSCA-COFUND project „STAR”
The MSCA-COFUND project STAR: Sensing and Sensibility – Transcending Disciplines for a Responsible Future is advertising 13 postdoctoral positions in the 2nd call.
With this call we are inviting talented experienced researchers to apply for one of 13 fellowship positions. STAR is an innovative training and mobility programme. It will be implemented by the University of Siegen, supported by an expandable consortium of currently 23 academic and non-academic partner organisations (non-recruiting), offering specialised hosting/training opportunities to recruited researchers. The overarching goal of STAR is to provide an inspiring and productive environment and comprehensive support to attract, develop, and globally interconnect researchers, allowing them to develop the necessary skill set required to tackle today’s challenges.
The call is open to all disciplines within the research areas at the University of Siegen. Call Deadline: 17.12.2021
We offer 13 fellowships for individual research projects. Interested candidates can apply either for an INCOMING or an OUTGOING mobility scheme.
INCOMING: research stay of 24 months at the University of Siegen
OUTGOING: research stay of 12-24 months at a partner institution worldwide with a mandatory return phase to the University of Siegen of 12 months
- 2-3 year fulltime employment contract with the University of Siegen
- full social security coverage (health insurance, pension payment) in accordance with national German law.
- employers gross salary consisting of: Living Allowance (4880,- EUR) adjusted by a country correction coefficient, Mobility Allowance (600,- EUR), and a Family Allowance (500,- EUR), if applicable.
- For the implementation of the individual research/training projects, each researcher is granted Research, Training and Networking Costs of up to 800,- EUR/per month to cover e.g. consumables, travel activities, conference fees, publication costs.
Applications will be accepted through the application platform of the University of Siegen https://jobs.uni-siegen.de or by postal mail. We highly recommend to use our application platform for submission. Applications sent by email will be rejected.
Please note: Each application must be accompanied by a project proposal and a letter of endorsement. More information and materials for your proposal can be found on our website: https://star.uni-siegen.de/
Researchers interested to apply for a STAR fellowship must meet the following Eligibility Criteria:
INCOMING mobility scheme:
- Experienced Researcher: At the date of the STAR call deadline the candidate must be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience.
- Mobility Rule: Candidates cannot have spent more than 12 months in Germany in the 3 years immediately before the deadline of the resepecive call.
- Nationality: The candidate can be of any nationality.
- No age restrictions apply.
OUTGOING mobility scheme:
- Experienced Researcher: At the date of the STAR call deadline the candidate must be in possession of a doctoral degree or has at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience.
- Mobility Rule: Candidates must not have spent more than 12 months in the country where the initial outgoing phase of the project is to take place in the 3 years immediately before the deadline of the resepecive call.
- Nationality: If the initial outgoing phase takes place in an EU Member State or Horizon 2020 Associated Country, the candidate can be of any nationality. If the host of the initial outgoing phase is located in a non-associated Third Country, the candidate must be a national or long-term resident of a Member State or Associated Country.
- No age restrictions apply.
Special rules apply for experienced researchers with a career break.
Dr. Nadine Hoffmann
+49 271 7405077
Equal opportunities and diversity are promoted and embodied at the University of Siegen. The advertisement is explicitly addressed to people of all genders; applications from women will be given special consideration in accordance with the State Equal Opportunities Act. We also welcome applications from people with different personal, social, and cultural backgrounds, people with severe disabilities, and people of equal status.