Doctoral Position (m/f/d) in Qualitative Management Accounting
Call for Applications of the Otto Beisheim School of Management in Vallendar, Germany. No Deadline
WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management is the leading private business school in Germany and is continuously ranked among the top business schools in Europe. On WHU’s two campuses in Vallendar (near Koblenz) and Düsseldorf, faculty, students, and staff enjoy working in a stimulating international environment. The organizational culture combines an entrepreneurial attitude and international orientation with a strong sense of community and a high commitment to excellence.
WHU’s Institute of Management Accounting and Control invites applications for the position of Doctoral Student in Qualitative Management Accounting located at the WHU Campus Vallendar, starting any time.
WHU has more than 50 faculty members in the fields of management, finance and accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, marketing and sales, and supply chain management. Under the joint directorship of Prof. Lukas Löhlein, Prof. Marko Reimer and Prof. Utz Schäffer, the Institute of Management Accounting and Control is a leading research hub and think tank in management accounting and control, that features and encourages the use of concepts, theories, and methods from the social sciences (organization studies, sociology).
– Do research from day 1 and benefit from the close interaction, support and cooperation with our faculty, international guests, and other doctoral students.
– Join a strong team with a unique culture: a passion for our field, teamwork, constant learning, open dialogue, and the power of a better argument are key!
– Benefit from our close ties to leading companies and unrivalled data access
– Apply your insights: we are Germany’s #1 think tank in management accounting & control.
– Participate in a broad range of seminars, doctoral colloquia and international conferences.
– Become part of our great academic family with successful alumni in research and practice!
– Explore leading universities (London, Paris, Stockholm, etc.) as Visiting PhD Student.
Your potential Research Focus (other ideas possible!)
– Management and Digitalization: How do business analytics, artificial intelligence, or predictive analytics change our understanding of management and organizing?
– Accounting for the Unmeasurable: How can organizations measure and control for “sustainability,” “diversity,” “impact,” and other unmeasurable ideas? What are the potential side effects?
– Civil Society Management: How do non-traditional organizations and movements organize and control their activities? How do they adopt, modify, or resist management ideas and concepts?
– Strong interest in pursuing qualitative-interdisciplinary research and combining insights from social sciences with contemporary management challenges.
– High degree of curiosity and desire for innovative thinking.
– Very good master-level university degree (in economics, management, sociology, cultural studies, political sciences, etc.).
Contact: Lukas Löhlein I lukas.loehlein(at)whu.edu