Online Workshop on June 24–25, 2021
The Department of Sociology at the London School of Economics and Political Science will host a workshop on Experimental Sociology. The workshop will take place online on 24-25 June 2021. The call for extended abstracts is now open –submission deadline: 25 May 2021.
The growing interest in causal explanations and social mechanisms through well-constructed sociological theories has motivated many researchers to turn to experimental research design to advance empirical knowledge. This workshop will provide a platform for researchers to discuss their new experimental research in sociology. We especially encourage contributions from early career researchers. There will be a dedicated discussant from our program committee for each extended abstract, as well as open floor discussion. Extended abstracts (1250 words max.) are invited on a wide range of research topics in sociology, using field, laboratory, natural, and survey experiments.
Organisers: Burak Sonmez (LSE) and Sergio Lo Iacono (Utrecht University)
- Brent Simpson (University of South Carolina)
- Hana Shepherd (Rutgers University)
- Klarita Gërxhani (European University Institute)
- Milena Tsvetkova (LSE)
- Ozan Aksoy (University College London)
- Ulf Liebe (University of Warwick)
- Wojtek Przepiorka (Utrecht University)
- Keynote Speaker:
- Delia Baldassarri (New York University)