The Integration of Immigrants and Attitudes towards the Welfare State (IMES) group, a joint group of ZEW Mannheim and the Mannheim Centre for European Social Research (MZES) at the University of Mannheim, is pleased to announce its 2020 international workshop.
ZEW is hosting a workshop to bring together international scholars from different social sciences (political science, sociology, economics) studying the impact of migration in the host countries. The goal is to present and discuss recent empirical and policy-oriented research on the integration of immigrants and its effect on the welfare state and attitudes formation. We strongly encourage contributions from all areas of social sciences.
TOPICS OF INTEREST INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO)
- Impact of immigration on host country labour markets
- Political economy of immigration
- Migration and crime
- The impact of social policies on the integration of migrants and refugees
- Drivers of attitudes towards immigration and towards migrants’ access to welfare benefits
- The relationship of migration and attitudes towards the welfare state
- Well-being and networks of migrants
- Attitudes of migrants towards migration
- Thomas K. Bauer (University of Bochum, RWI)
- Irena Kogan (University of Mannheim, MZES)